5 Horizons is a digital-first, full-service marketing agency that seeks to understand and solve our clients’ business problems. Copywriting is an important aspect of creating compelling content to help our clients conquer modern marketing.
Our copy team is looking for an intern to assist with brainstorming, storytelling, and drafting content for our growing list of clients. Our ideal candidate is passionate about writing, pays close attention to grammar, and is eager to grow their communication skills.
If this sounds like you, we want you to intern with our creative team at 5 Horizons.
The Copywriting Intern is an essential part of our creative team, supporting and reporting to our Lead Copywriter with writing and reviewing copy and content deliverables across platforms.
5 Horizons provides interns with a meaningful experience and a front row seat to our work. The copywriting intern will have their voice heard and walk away with a resume-building experience.
This is a part-time (15 hours per week), $15/hr paid position. A work schedule will be determined during the hiring process. On-boarding will take place in our Braintree, MA, office during the first few weeks of the internship. Working remotely or in-office will be determined by individual circumstances.
- Learn to draft engaging copy that reflects appropriate client brand voice
- Draft effective copy for a variety of placements, such as websites, microsites, landing pages, emails, LinkedIn message ads, Facebook newsfeed ads, Google search, blog posts, and audio scripts, to drive engagement
- Brainstorm creative campaign concepts that work across platforms
- Proofread completed work
- Work well within specified deadlines
- Assist the copy department with other duties as assigned
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities)
- Ability to write and communicate effectively in English
- Potential to think strategically and work independently when necessary
- Willingness to accept constructive feedback
- Enthusiasm to learn
Education and/or Experience
- Currently in college or recently graduated with a degree in communications, advertising, marketing, English, or other related field
- Experience writing or generating content for digital channels a plus
Why Intern With Us?
- Our team will get to know you and do their best to assign work that is aligned with your interests and future career aspirations
- An internship with 5 Horizons offers valuable experience, but also presents numerous opportunities to learn from an innovative cross-disciplined group of professionals
Our office is at 350 Granite Street, Braintree, Massachusetts, although during COVID-19 most of our team is working remotely.
Interested? Send a letter of interest (email is acceptable) and resume to [email protected].